An API key is required to get started. Generate one in the account page.
Requests are authenticated with an API (secret) key with the following request header:
curl --request GET \
--url 'https://api.lithic.com/v1/card?page=1&page_size=50' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: YOUR_API_KEY'
You can use this information to diagnose failed transactions and fine-tune your exception-handling capabilities.
|[query] is not a valid parameter||A parameter in the query given in the request does not match the valid queries for the endpoint|
|User has not been authenticated||Invalid or missing API key|
|API key is not active||The API key used is no longer active|
|Could not find API key||The API key provided is not associated with any user|
|Please provide API key in Authorization header||The Authorization header is not in the request|
|Please provide API key in the form |
|The Authorization header is not formatted properly|
|Insufficient Privileges. Issuing API key required||Write access requires an Issuing API key. Please contact [email protected]|
|Insufficient privileges to create virtual cards.||Creating virtual cards requires an additional privilege||Please contact [email protected]|
|Authorization failed (in simulation)||An authorization fails when simulating an authorization|
|Rate limited, too many requests per second||User has exceeded their per second rate limit|
|Rate limited, reached daily limit||User has exceeded their daily rate limit|
|Rate limited, too many keys tried||One IP has queried too many different API keys|
|Internal Server Error||There was a processing error on the server-side.|
- Each entity is identified by its UUID token.
- HTTP bodies must be valid JSON and the request header
Content-Type must be
- Amounts are all integers. They are represented in the smallest unit of the associated currency (e.g.,
amount of 100 in USD is $1) unless specified otherwise.
- Any field we don’t have data for will show up as empty.
- All dates are ISO 8601 unless specified otherwise.
- Additional fields may be added to API response payloads. API users should ensure that any integrations and use of these responses can handle new fields at any time.
GET responses are returned in a pagination wrapper in the form:
// API OBJECTS