Instant card disbursement
Note that Lithic Send is an Enterprise product. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in Lithic Send.
Lithic Send is an end-to-end solution for card-based disbursements. It allows you to create custom payout solutions with fewer resources and partnerships, so you can go-to-market with your program in a much shorter time frame.
With Lithic Send, you can:
- Create virtual and physical cards for end-users
- Instantly load and issue cards to end-users
- Embed end-user card balances into your product
Lithic operates in the background so you retain full control over the customer experience. You can design your ideal solution and manage account creation, card issuance, and money movement.
Supported Use Cases
Lithic Send is designed to be flexible. You can use it to build solutions for many types of disbursement programs, including:
- Class-action settlements: Distribute payments to class members
- Clinical trials: Send payments to clinical trial participants
- Contractor payouts: Send payments to independent contractors
- Corporate incentives: Send rewards and rebates to drive customer loyalty
- Employee rewards: Disburse employee perks and stipends
- Insurance claims: Pay claimants or agent commissions
We also support platform use cases where you may be managing multiple disbursement programs on behalf of your customers. If you want to create your own disbursement solution or embed Lithic Send into your platform, contact our sales team.
Below we’ve outlined a few key benefits that Lithic Send offers over alternative disbursement solutions in the market.
High degree of customization: Unlike other turnkey solutions, Lithic Send allows you to create a custom disbursement experience within your own product. Using our API, you can embed balance displays or statements, customize the virtual or physical cards your end users receive, and set up custom logic for authorization decisioning.
Instant money movement: Using a pre-funded program account, you can instantly disburse funds to your end-users 24/7/365 within Lithic’s platform. In contrast, solutions that rely solely on external payment rails like ACH or checks to disburse funds can take up to 8 business days for funds to clear.
All-in-one integration: Lithic Send comes with everything you need to build a disbursement solution including a native ledger and card issuing. This allows you to get up and running a lot faster, and with fewer resources, while still allowing you to customize your product.
Example Use Case: Corporate Incentive Cards
Corporate incentive programs help businesses provide rewards and other financial perks to customers, contractors, and employees using prepaid cards. In these types of programs, the company owns the program-level account and the end-users have their own accounts where they receive funds from the program.
In this example, Bo’s Mobile wants to offer cash back rebates in order to encourage on-time bill payments and build brand loyalty. Every time a customer pays their cell phone bill early, Bo’s Mobile will send them a $5 reward card that can be used anywhere that accepts Mastercard.
This would be the program’s structure:
- Funding model: Pre-funded program
- Program account: Bo’s Mobile
- Source of funds: Bo’s Mobile commercial Funding Bank Account via ACH
- End-user account: reward accounts for customers of Bo’s Mobile
- Bo’s Mobile sends $100,000 to their program account to pre-fund their rewards program
When a customer pays their bill at Bo’s Mobile, the customer can opt-in to receive a reward for early payment.
- Bo’s Mobile then creates a rewards account for the customer. These reward accounts can be tied to virtual cards, physical cards, or digital wallet cards.
- When the customer pays their bill early, Bo’s Mobile can instantly disburse $5 to that customer’s reward account.
- The customer can then spend their reward using one of their Lithic-generated cards.
- Next month, when the customer pays their bill early again, Bo’s Mobile can disburse another $5 to the same reward account
For more details on each step, please see our Quick Start - Lithic Send guide and the following API guides:
Updated about 2 months ago