While many transactions follow a basic flow consisting of an initial authorization and a subsequent clearing message to settle funds, at times more complicated lifecycles occur.
- Network transmits ISO-8583 MTI 0100 message to Lithic.
- Lithic converts the ISO-8583 message to transaction model JSON and sends an ASA request to the client.
- The client responds with HTTP 200 ASA JSON response body with result
- Lithic converts the ASA response body to ISO-8583 response and returns to the network.
- Acquirer initiates completion of the transactions and Lithic receives ISO-8583 MTI 0220 advice from the network.
- Lithic processes the ISO-8583 message and responds with an approved response back to the network.
- Lithic converts the ISO-8583 message to a JSON transaction model with status
SETTLEDand sends a Clearing message to the client. Step 6 & 7 are processed concurrently.
- The client responds with HTTP response code 200 to acknowledge.
|Authorization Reversal||Acquirer initiates reversal of pending authorization. Authorization expires after 7 days or after the authorization lifecycle, whichever comes last||The transaction model in step 7 contains status |
|Authorization Timeout||Issuer has exceeded the authorization maximum response time and the network has issued a decline to the acquirer on behalf of the issuer||The transaction model in step 7 contains status |
|Force Post||The acquirer may initiate a forced clearing transaction with no prior authorization. These transactions are subject to chargeback upon cardholder dispute||Steps 1-4 are omitted. Transaction model in step 7 contains status |
|Financial Authorization||A single-message (SMS) transaction. The effective date is immediate upon approval. No additional clearing message will be sent|
|Financial Authorization Reversal||A financial authorization may be reversed. This is similar to a refund except that the financial reversal will be associated with the original authorization (refunds are always separate transactions)|
|Multiple Completion||Multiple permutations of partial completion and partial reversal may follow an approved authorization||Advice messages replacing step 7 with type |
|Authorization Advice||Advice may adjust the authorization to a higher or lower amount||Advice message between steps 2 and 7 with event type |
Updated about 1 month ago
Did this page help you?